Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Box Art Doll

Hi Friends,

Are you all having a lovely and creative day?
I really hope so.
I took a short break from painting some papers for my next project to post my Box Art Doll.
I made this doll for an online swap where the theme was "Back To School"!
I should have taken a "close-up" of the body(box) of the doll, so you could see all the neat things I added but sorry I didn't. :(
I really used two boxes for the doll. A small box that had a plastic clear dome for the head and the other one for the body. Under the clear dome, I inserted a clay face . I painted the box and glued it to the body box. I added lots of different school related items around the head.
The box I used for the body was a cigar box that I found with a clear acrylic cover. Worked perfectly as a shadow box where I could add different school related embellishments. :)
Inside the body box I added, an ATC, a small chair, a flag, a book bag to name a few of the things.
Then added pencils as arms and pieces of a ruler for legs.

Hope you like it. I really had fun creating it.

Hugs and until next time!




24 comments:

PeggyR said...

Oh I love it!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Thanks Peggy!
Hugs

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

assemblage art :)

well done! :)

Myra said...

You come up with the best ideas Norma. I love those ruler legs1

Chris Flynn said...

Hi Norma.... your creativity continues to amaze me. I had saved a few vintage spice cans and a powder chocolate can, but never did the creative things you've done!
xoxo

Rita A. said...

How fun. Back to School is my favorite time of year. So many cool supplies on sale!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks!
Hugs,

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
So happy you like her!
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your sweet comment. Oh I love using cans in my art. Might have to make a doll out of one to show you. :)
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Rita,

Thank you! Yes, I love school supplies. I remember my schools days and still get excited. I loved to go shopping with my Mom for all the things I needed. Then I would go home spread them on my bed and just admire everything! LOL
Still do the same when I shop.
Hugs

Redanne said...

Hi Norma, this is outstanding! I love the face and her wonderful ruler legs. Very clever work. Thanks for your visit and lovely comment. Hugs, Anne x

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Anne,
Thank you for your lovely comment. So happy you like her.
HUGS,

Granmargaret said...

Great work Norma.
Thank you for all your comments on my blog.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for your comment. Oh you're welcome. I love all your cards.
Hugs

Duendes said...

Menudo trabajo mi amiga y deliciosamente precioso!!besitos

Ascension said...

Hola Norma
Me encanta tu creatividad, tus trabajos son siempre unicos y fantasticos.
besitos ascension

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hola querida Duendes,
Que alegria verte aqui y gracias por tu lindo comentario.

Besitos y abrazos

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hola querida Ascension,

Ya me hacias falta! Como has estado?
Gracias por tu lindo comentario sobre mis trabajos.

Un besito y abrazo

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wonderful!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Shashi,
Thank you. So happy you like her.
Hugs,

Pam said...

So cute. Love it. Very interesting.

Melinda c said...

Now this is cool! Come by and catch up sometime.....

zareen fatima said...

Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
hotcurrentaffairs.com

zareen fatima said...

Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
hotcurrentaffairs.com